Whatbird Community

Milestones

14 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

5 years straight of birding every single day for BN#2 today!  Real birding...walking around for hours...not just looking out the window for 15 minutes.  I could never keep that up.

So just to be clear, BN#2 birds every single day for 5 years, and has a list count that is 2 less than BN#1's count???...That window must provide a pretty good view. *wonders if the nature channels on TV sometimes gets confused for a window...says nothing, and whistles innocently* 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m kinda obsessed with keeping up streaks for no particular reason. So once I realized there was a streak counter I started going/looking every day. Definitely keeps me motivated! I don’t plan on ever losing it unless something keeps me away from a window or the outside world for a whole day. 

29 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I’m kinda obsessed with keeping up streaks for no particular reason. So once I realized there was a streak counter I started going/looking every day. Definitely keeps me motivated! I don’t plan on ever losing it unless something keeps me away from a window or the outside world for a whole day. 

I’ve been doing this as well, pretty much since the first big day I did back in may of 2020, so I’m currently at 325. I dread there being a day where I am physically unable to see and document a bird, and I lose that streak. It’s often a brief reprieve from daily and long-term stress, to set aside even just 5 minutes to look at the feeders, or stand in the deck and listen. 

Edited by Avery
It’s big day, not bug day
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1