Whatbird Community

Milestones

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, neilpa said:

Hit 350 lifers today!

Congrats! Hopefully I can’t get to my 300 milestone by the end of this year. I’m at 271 currently, but with my trip to NY this summer I should add a bunch. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Congrats! Hopefully I can’t get to my 300 milestone by the end of this year. I’m at 271 currently, but with my trip to NY this summer I should add a bunch. 

Good luck! I'm also going to New York (Long Island, specifically) and Rhode Island this summer, but it's mostly for family. I'll still get a few opportunities to bird, however.

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

I decided to look at mine, I didn't think I had near that many...but I have 3,011.?‍♂️

I checked, and I'm at 1,635 photos and 97 audio recordings. I only tend to upload the better photos unless something is a bit of a rarity.

Edited by Zoroark

6 minutes ago, Zoroark said:

Good luck! I'm also going to New York (Long Island, specifically) and Rhode Island this summer, but it's mostly for family. I'll still get a few opportunities to bird, however.

Same, actually! Also Long Island! And also just to visit family with a little birding! 

When?

14 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Ah, I’ll miss you by a few weeks or so. 

Either way, good luck, and I hope you get some lifers up there! That Florida trip in December probably covered a lot of common eastern birds, but there's plenty of good stuff up there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoroark said:

Either way, good luck, and I hope you get some lifers up there! That Florida trip in December probably covered a lot of common eastern birds, but there's plenty of good stuff up there.

Yeah, I need a bunch of warblers! My biggest target bird is gonna be piping plover(might be too late), and cerulean warbler. I also don’t have tufted titmouse, black capped chickadee, pleated woodpecker, eastern bluebird, Carolina wren, lots of warblers, and a bunch more. 

Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IKLland said:

piping plover(might be too late)

I actually got that one in Stony Brook last year in July: https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S92522420

Lots of Black-capped Chickadees and Carolina Wrens up there, and a fair number of Tufted Titmice and Eastern Bluebirds. Almost no Pileated Woodpeckers, though. I don't remember there being many warblers besides Yellow and Yellowthroat.

Edit: Just checked the map on the Cerulean. Practically no summer sightings on Long Island (and very few during migration).

Edited by Zoroark
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zoroark said:

I actually got that one in Stony Brook last year in July: https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S92522420

Lots of Black-capped Chickadees and Carolina Wrens up there, and a fair number of Tufted Titmice and Eastern Bluebirds. Almost no Pileated Woodpeckers, though. I don't remember there being many warblers besides Yellow and Yellowthroat.

Edit: Just checked the map on the Cerulean. Practically no summer sightings on Long Island (and very few during migration).

Your checklist reminded me, I need SESA! I also need RBGR. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

Nobody's going to Albany? Knew it, Long Island and the city gets all the birders. There are a TON of Pileated Woodpeckers up here though...

I will be near Albany first, but that’s strictly for family. I’ll be lucky if I get any birding in when I’m near there. 

• Like 1