Whatbird Community

1 hour ago, AlexHenry said:

Looks like a Mew Gull to me, though that must be much rarer than Ring-billed...

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

That strikes me as a rather dainty bill for a Ringer.

Agreed.

36 minutes ago, Tony Leukering said:

The tail looks nearly entirely blackish -- Mew

Great!  A lifer for me. And apparently it's rare (at least where and when I saw it--Cherry Creek SP today).

On 1/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, Tony Leukering said:

The tail looks nearly entirely blackish -- Mew

@Tony Leukering Is there a way to contact the eBird reviewer for this hotspot (Cherry Creek State Park in Colorado) and ask why they haven't approved this report yet? I don't want to bug them. I appreciate their work. Sincerely. But this species hasn't been approved yet, and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do or if I should. In the scheme of things, this doesn't matter, I know. Just curious.

43 minutes ago, gstacks said:

@Tony Leukering Is there a way to contact the eBird reviewer for this hotspot (Cherry Creek State Park in Colorado) and ask why they haven't approved this report yet? I don't want to bug them. I appreciate their work. Sincerely. But this species hasn't been approved yet, and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do or if I should. In the scheme of things, this doesn't matter, I know. Just curious.

It can take weeks or even months for records to be accepted because eBird reviewers are volunteers. This doesn't necessarily mean they have rejected your report, but just that they're busy with other aspects of their life. I'm sure they'll get around to accepting your report soon 🙂

4 minutes ago, Phalarope713 said:

It can take weeks or even months for records to be accepted because eBird reviewers are volunteers. This doesn't necessarily mean they have rejected your report, but just that they're busy with other aspects of their life. I'm sure they'll get around to accepting your report soon 🙂

You're right. And it doesn't matter. I'm just procrastinating anyway.  I have a ton of papers to grade, so all of a sudden I'm obsessed with one report of a freaking gull.

• Like 2