Whatbird Community

Some European bird.

By the way, if that bird is still alive, I STRONGLY recommend you take it to a bird rescue or shelter. It looks like a fairly specialized insect eater and it cannot afford to go without proper nutrition. Chances are either the vendor or someone in the supply chain was illegal/uncertified. No reputable vendor would sell a bird without knowing at least what genus it is in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HamRHead said:

I thought it was a mount! It it alive?

Son of a gun, I think you're right!  The background is the same in the first two photos, but the whole piece appears to have been rotated.  There's a bump on the upper right of the stump in the first shot that isn't visible in the second one, and the pattern of markings on the bark are different.  Also, the eye in the third photo looks a little 'flat' / 'unresponsive'.

I wasn't comfortable with this subject to begin with, for reasons Thunderbird specified.  I'm now experiencing several other feelings, none of them pleasant.  I don't think I'll be revisiting this discussion.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:45 PM, Thunderbird said:

By the way, if that bird is still alive, I STRONGLY recommend you take it to a bird rescue or shelter. It looks like a fairly specialized insect eater and it cannot afford to go without proper nutrition. Chances are either the vendor or someone in the supply chain was illegal/uncertified. No reputable vendor would sell a bird without knowing at least what genus it is in. 

It's pretty stuffed.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 6:53 PM, Aveschapines said:

@Mutated-Sushi, can you clarify whether this is a live bird or not? And in either case, you need to be aware that it's possible that it was imported illegally.

The bird is stuffed. I've been trying to search around on the internet for a list of illegal bird imports to Wisconsin, but no go. 

It does have a tag on it. Which I have also tried to look up, but I only get pet registers in case you pet flies off. 

• Like 1