Whatbird Community

Sparrows & Their Allies

On 6/15/2021 at 1:28 AM, Clip said:

Mystery Sparrow-I took this photo way back in 2012. Found the photo a couple years later. Didn't know what it was so I brought it to Whatbird.com. I never got a consensus then and probably never will. But, if anyone wants to take a shot at it feel free. Arapahoe County, CO

015.JPG

I’m pretty sure that’s a Brewer’s Sparrow. I have no experience with them, so I’m probably wrong, though. 

22 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

This gave me reason to look back through some of my old photos. Turned out I had a few species from my AZ trip that I hadn't upload to ebird, including this Yellow-eyed Junco

2400?__hstc=264660688.8c01dac64b377f41cb

So jealous! Did you have it on your life list? Or just you never knew you photographed it?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IKLland said:

I’m pretty sure that’s a Brewer’s Sparrow. I have no experience with them, so I’m probably wrong, though. 

I, personally, could see this as Cassin’s or Savannah as well.

Edited by Seanbirds
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

I, personally, could see this as Cassin’s or Savannah as well.

Hum, I don't think anyone mentioned the possibility of a Cassin's before. I think it is a possibility.

59 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Wow, awesome!!! You have seen some really cool sparrows.

Thank you! This one was something else. It was around a two hour drive and then an over 3 mile hike one way to see it and I did it 3 times with different people each time. All 3 it got to over 95 degrees out and there was not a speck of shade any where and no where to sit down for a break. Saw several Greater Short horned Lizard en-route. Very cool!

• Like 2