Whatbird Community

House or purple?

Is this just a super red house finch? Or purple? Probably house, though.

thanks taken last week in Orange County, Ca 

<iframe width="640" height="469" src="https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/302857051/embed/640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen style="width:640px;"></iframe>

5 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Is this just a super red house finch? Or purple? Probably house, though.

thanks taken last week in Orange County, Ca 

<iframe width="640" height="469" src="https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/302857051/embed/640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen style="width:640px;"></iframe>

Your photo didn't make the trip and you might get more response if you have this moved to Help ID a NA bird...you posted this in Photo Sharing. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Jefferson Shank said:

@Aveschapines delete topic

@Aveschapines; belay that!

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/302857051/

Geez, I love hearing how much younger generations understand technology but nobody understands the format for a basic URL.

House, by the way.

Edited by Charlie Spencer

4 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

@Aveschapines; belay that!

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/302857051/

Geez, I love hearing how much younger generations understand technology but nobody understands the format for a basic URL.

House, by the way.

I don't delete people's posts unless the poster requests it, so I wouldn't have deleted an entire thread that has responses from several people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IKLland said:

@Aveschapines, I request it

While you're entitled to ask to have your posts deleted, I don't think there is any benefit in removing your posts from a thread that isn't going to be removed. The comments of other members contain quotes of your posts, so it's not like your posts will actually disappear. Your link issue was sorted out and your bird was ID'd so I'd say it was a successful post with no need for anything being deleted. That's just my spin on it, @Aveschapines might have a different view and might not view it as a waste of her time, but in my opinion, deleting your posts at this stage would be a waste of time with no upside to it. As I said, just my spin on things, which may not always the same spin as other members.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IKLland said:

@Aveschapines, I request it

@lonestranger pretty much said it: the two threads were merged, and there has been further conversation and an ID in this thread. Removing your posts (although you didn't even make clear exactly what posts you were requesting to be removed) will not serve any useful purpose and would interrupt the flow of the thread. Remember people often do searches and refer back to old threads to get ID information so when some posts are removed, and especially when the photos are deleted, they are no longer useful for that purpose.

3 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

There was two post made by the OP with this topic...one in Photo Sharing and one in Help ID NA Birds...the two topics were merged so this is the only thread on this topic now. That's correct @Aveschapines, isn't it? Thanks! 🙂

Yes! somebody brought it to my attention and I merged the two threads. That's what I normally do when there is a double-post, and if somebody either reoprts the post, tags me, or sends me a private message, I'm happy to do that whenever it's needed.

• Thanks 1