Whatbird Community

How To Add Videos to eBird Checklist

Just now, Jefferson Shank said:

I've noticed that others on eBird are able to add videos to their checklist. But I don't have that option when I add media to mine... Can anyone tell me how to do that?

I've been wondering that for over a year.

• Like 1

Someone just recently added some for some rarities about 10 minutes from my place. eBird even has a special post to show how to do it. - https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48001064364-video-upload-guidelines

But mine just doesn't have the video option. Are there only certain people allowed to add videos??

1 minute ago, Jefferson Shank said:

Someone just recently added some for some rarities about 10 minutes from my place. eBird even has a special post to show how to do it. - https://support.ebird.org/en/support/solutions/articles/48001064364-video-upload-guidelines

But mine just doesn't have the video option. Are there only certain people allowed to add videos??

I think so

Oh... At the beginning of that article it says, "eBird and the Macaulay Library are exploring the feasibility of archiving additional videos from the eBird community, so you may see more videos appearing on checklists. At this time, we are considering requests for the video upload feature from experienced videographers."

Bummers! How can I become experienced??!!

Bummers! How can I become experienced??!!

Answering my own questions here... It also says, "If you have a collection of high-quality, high-resolution exemplar videos that you would like to add to your eBird checklists and archive at the Macaulay Library, please send a link to your video portfolio to the Macaulay Library (macaulaylibrary@cornell.edu)."

So maybe we can try added some of our videos to a shared dropbox folder or something, and sharing the link to it.

20 minutes ago, Jefferson Shank said:

Answering my own questions here... It also says, "If you have a collection of high-quality, high-resolution exemplar videos that you would like to add to your eBird checklists and archive at the Macaulay Library, please send a link to your video portfolio to the Macaulay Library (macaulaylibrary@cornell.edu)."

So maybe we can try added some of our videos to a shared dropbox folder or something, and sharing the link to it.

What are examples of a video portfolio?