Whatbird Community

testing...

millipede

19 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

If you already know what it is, would you mind using the new 'General Birding Topics' forum for games and quizzes?  That way, we can leave this forum for requests for ID assistance.

Thanks!

Kind of late for that... 😞 
Part of me wants to just say I forgot, or didn't think of it... because I didn't...
The other part of me... the more cynical part... wants to ask... does anyone look at any other sections of this forum? It's been a while since I checked around but I know a while back they were very much overlooked... which is kind of sad 😞  eh... rambling...

I'm impressed that a few people got it so easily. What did you see that pointed you in the right direction? For those that got it right...
I got several pictures of the bird. My daughter noticed it first. This was eating in our front yard today...  the leucism made a really nice mask...
Had another one with a long curved bill, reminding me of gonzo from the muppets...

image.thumb.png.4cb9a1d2b0dbda1be194c28e861a5f57.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millipede said:

Kind of late for that... 😞 
Part of me wants to just say I forgot, or didn't think of it... because I didn't...
The other part of me... the more cynical part... wants to ask... does anyone look at any other sections of this forum? It's been a while since I checked around but I know a while back they were very much overlooked... which is kind of sad 😞  eh... rambling...

I moved it for you. This sub-forum is brand new so I expect it will take a while for people to become aware of it and get used to using it. I'm happy to move posts as needed. There has been a good amount of activity here in the couple of days it has existed.

13 hours ago, millipede said:

Yes.  Even if few people look at the other forums, is that a valid reason to start an off-topic post in the identification forum?

Please remember, everyone, that this is a brand new sub-forum. I expect it will take a while for people to find it and get used to it. And also please review the rules and refrain from personal attacks in the forums. If you feel a post is inappropriate for any reason you can report it. Posting in the wrong sub-forum is a very minor issue that I can easily fix if someone tells me about it (since I don't always read every post).

• Like 2