Whatbird Community

Requesting material for 'Tips for New Birders' post

Charlie Spencer

Thank you both! I don't remember making this comment either... going to look through the other thread and see if I can find it:

🦃 Put up a feeder! This way you can watch birds in a relaxing setting, and they come to you! This way you can start to notice the little things about birds, like their behavior, or other subtle characteristics. Also, if you’re able to sit outside and watch the feeders, listen to the birds as well. Trying to learn calls can be overwhelming, as each species makes a variety, so start small!  Once you’re familiar with your regular yard birds, when something new pops up, you’ll know!  (Aveschapines)

EDIT: Found it - this was also Avery 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Yeah, that sounds like an other copy / paste issue.

My apologies to @Avery, and my thanks to everyone for catching the errors.

Thank you for doing all of this!

I'm thinking maybe once the typos and corrections are fixed I could split off these posts into another thread to keep this one "cleaner"? I'd do it now but I don't think people would go to post new corrections in the other thread; but in the long term it would be better for new birders not to be distracted by this stuff. 

Thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

I'm thinking maybe once the typos and corrections are fixed I could split off these posts into another thread to keep this one "cleaner"? I'd do it now but I don't think people would go to post new corrections in the other thread; but in the long term it would be better for new birders not to be distracted by this stuff. 

Thoughts?

You know I like things to be tidy, so, yes, I am for moving all of the off-topic stuff. 🙂

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

Thoughts?

I was actually going to ask for that once things settled down.  Maybe give it a week and then move the proofreading issues out on their own.

• Like 4