Whatbird Community

Sometimes I just want friends to see a bird I photographed, no rules.

BigOly

4 hours ago, IKLland said:

Nice! Are shooting handheld with those 1/60 shutter speeds? 

Yep. Most photos I took were blurry....Any suggestions for next time? The sony I used to use didn't let me set shutter speed and some other stuff, it did it automatically so I am still trying to get used to it.

2 hours ago, Tanager 101 said:

Yep. Most photos I took were blurry....Any suggestions for next time? The sony I used to use didn't let me set shutter speed and some other stuff, it did it automatically so I am still trying to get used to it.

Unfortunately the lighting was too dark in that situation for you to be able to use a faster Shutter speed without bumping the ISO up too high. Try again in better lighting, and set the shutter speed as high as you can without too high of an ISO(I wouldn’t go beyond ISO 800 in good light on that camera, and no more than 2500 in poor light).

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 4:32 PM, IKLland said:

Are HEWA also more common in spring up in central and NorCal? I know they’re really uncommon down here in fall.

Eh, maybe? I think they're more common in random locations in the spring, but I see a decent amount during the fall as well, just more concentrated into certain spots. They definitely seem easier to locate in the spring when they are singing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1