Whatbird Community

Sometimes I just want friends to see a bird I photographed, no rules.

BigOly

3 minutes ago, MichaelLong said:

Great photos, however the second one is a 4 because of the flowers blocking the bird from view.

That brings up an interesting point. If the photo wasn’t so artistic, I wouldn’t have thought twice about giving it a 4. Do people think it’s a 4 or 5?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IKLland said:

That brings up an interesting point. If the photo wasn’t so artistic, I wouldn’t have thought twice about giving it a 4. Do people think it’s a 4 or 5?

I personally like it and would give it a 5. I really like the impression it gives of peering through the flowers, and the bright yellow gives the bird more contrast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MichaelLong said:

I think it would be much better if the flowers framed the bird and did not cover the bird in any significant manner. 

I agree that photos are much better if the flowers frame the bird rather than cover it. But, where do the flowers “cover the bird in a significant matter” here?

The tail and parts of the wings and belly are covered by blurry flowers and a stray branch crosses over the breast, it also appears to me that there is a yellow blur covering part of the head but I can't tell if that is in the background and I'm just imagining things or if there actually is something obscuring the face. I would say around 40% of the bird is obscured in some way which to me is unacceptable, the highest percentage of bird obscured I would accept is 10%. Overall this picture is also very yellow and if it were my photo I would try and make it cooler in color, more similar to the other photo you posted. 

• Thanks 1