Whatbird Community

Sometimes I just want friends to see a bird I photographed, no rules.

BigOly

On 12/29/2021 at 4:21 PM, Dan P said:

What about the flora?

Yep! That too! Though I know less about the flora than everything else. I know I should probably put some time in learning at least some of the abundant plants where I live but I have not. I do like photographing some of the flora though.

• Like 2

The Yellow-headed Blackbird is my husbands favorite bird and I decided to post a picture of one here today in honor of him and our 35th wedding Anniversary. There is no doubt about it I married a very good man on this day 35 years ago.

054 (2).JPG

• Like 9

On 1/5/2022 at 3:58 AM, Clip said:

The Yellow-headed Blackbird is my husbands favorite bird and I decided to post a picture of one here today in honor of him and our 35th wedding Anniversary. There is no doubt about it I married a very good man on this day 35 years ago.

054 (2).JPG

I love Yellow-headed Blackbirds because they are easy to identify and their name is easy to remember.  There are too many little brown birds.  I want bright, bold, fun birds!  (Plus, yellow birds are the best!)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GracesWarbler said:

I love Yellow-headed Blackbirds because they are easy to identify and their name is easy to remember.  There are too many little brown birds.  I want bright, bold, fun birds!  (Plus, yellow birds are the best!)

Yep! My husband's favorite color is yellow. I think he likes them also over say some of the yellow warblers because they are easier to find. Or I should say were easier to find. In Colorado we would see them sometimes by the 100s. Now living in Florida we have seen 1.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kadynn_H said:

Man that's just painful to look at! ?? Really cool shot tho.

The only bird I have on my life list that I only heard. Heard it over and over and over...very close but it would not even give us a glimpse. To see one being eaten by such a common bird is just heart breaking! I will be paying even more attention to what Great Egrets are eating now though.

Edited by Clip
  • Like 1