Whatbird Community

I submitted a question for an ID comment and got a number of helpful comments.  However, I wanted to follow up so I entered a followup reply along with an additional photo.  The followup never posted and the original post turned gray, although I can read all of the original replies.  Any idea what happened and how do I, as original poster, followup with additional information?

All I can think of that could cause that is that your internet connection cut out or was slow.  I would check to see if the photo you tried to upload is in "My Attachments" (in the drop down menu when you click on your profile photo at the top).

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RCB40 said:

I submitted a question for an ID comment and got a number of helpful comments.  However, I wanted to follow up so I entered a followup reply along with an additional photo.  The followup never posted and the original post turned gray, although I can read all of the original replies.  Any idea what happened and how do I, as original poster, followup with additional information?

Are you referring to this thread? I don't see anything unusual there. I'm guessing that perhaps your internet was briefly interrupted. What happens if you try to respond again? 

Just to add a detail: if you click on "quote" that attaches a copy of the post you're on to your reply; in that case the post you're replying to does turn gray. So if you were replying with quote to your original post that was normal, but it doesn't affect the original post. 

Edited by Aveschapines
More info