Whatbird Community

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

24 Mar 2021 Baldwin co. AL  Hooded Warbler today!  He surprised us at dusk.  Hubby took pic while I marveled in his (the bird's not the hub's :D)  presence.  

Lifer! Yarder! BAIRD’S SANDPIPER today!!! Four of ‘em!

I've seen them displaying and I've flushed them before, but only once did I have a good view of one in the daytime. Here's the best picture I've taken of one. https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/3133451

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Fallouts this week!! Hope I can find some good stuff.

I’d love to get a fallout here! Only problem is, there’s not many storms in costal SoCal. 

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)

I got my FOY Spotted Sandpiper, Orange-crowned warblers, and White-throated sparrow yesterday. And today had my first house wren of the year. Also the female red-winged blackbirds just got here a few days ago. 
This was my patch this morning:

3A9A97D0-F009-4A4C-9BA8-E71BB05C1400.thumb.jpeg.27211882cbdcaa66e7034e84c7a132be.jpeg

So I was expecting grounded migrants but nothing really happening out there yet. Still snowing for a few more hours so I might go and look again when it stops. 

Edited by Aaron

In the past week I have seen Ovenbird, Louisiana and Northern Waterthrushes, Warbling Vireo, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Prothonotary Warbler, Cape May Warbler, Northern Parula, American Redstart and Common Yellowthroat with the first 7 being lifers.

• Like 2

I was very surprised that we found Black-and-White Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, and American Redstart on the Global Big Day count yesterday. Maybe they can't read the calendars in Spanish??🙄

• Haha 2

Lots of Least Flycatchers, TONS of Yellow Warblers, Nashville Warbler, Warbling Vireos, Indigo Buntings, Summer Tanager (probably), Red-headed Woodpecker, Swainson’s Thrushes, and Wilson’s Warbler!

• Like 2

Had 2 Says phoebes fly catching around the ponds yesterday. First time I’ve seen them outside of BC. WCSP are now getting hard to avoid. 

• Like 1