Whatbird Community

23 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Why not leucistic/dilute?

That bill almost reminds me of a Mexican Duck, mallards don’t have that. This is clearly not a pure mallard, and Mexican ducks are much darker Han this. I  Like domestic mallard for this.

2 minutes ago, IKLland said:

That bill almost reminds me of a Mexican Duck, mallards don’t have that. This is clearly not a pure mallard, and Mexican ducks are much darker Han this. I  Like domestic mallard for this.

I think the black saddle wouldn’t be there if it’s leucistic or dilute

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

Why not leucistic/dilute?

You didn't need to make this more complicated! :classic_tongue:  I have no idea how to rule that out.  We probably would have to compare its size and posture to other Mallards.

EDIT:  Huh..why didn't I see all the other replies?  I must be really tired...

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seanbirds said:

It’s barely there at all.

3 hours ago, IKLland said:

Yeah. It’s pretty straight forward a domestic mallard.

Sorry, I worded that comment weirdly. I though that the leucism idea was viable since the black saddle was hardly there. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

EDIT:  Huh..why didn't I see all the other replies?  I must be really tired...

I have had the same thing happen to me too often to blame it on being tired. I think there's a glitch with the website related to unread topics. Besides taking me to the end of the Next unread topic now and then instead of taking me to the first unread post in the next topic, the website seems to hide some posts on me now and then, too. Here's an example of an experience I had. I walked away from the computer once for an hour after reading all the current threads only to come back and find one new post along with a bunch of older posts that were 2-4 hours old. I didn't see the older posts because they weren't there an hour earlier, but the time stamp on the posts said they had been there for 2-4 hours. If it had only happened once to me I'd question myself, and I did, but after it happened a few times I started watching for missed posts and I have been finding them. I wonder if that's what's happened to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lonestranger said:

I have had the same thing happen to me too often to blame it on being tired. I think there's a glitch with the website related to unread topics. Besides taking me to the end of the Next unread topic now and then instead of taking me to the first unread post in the next topic, the website seems to hide some posts on me now and then, too. Here's an example of an experience I had. I walked away from the computer once for an hour after reading all the current threads only to come back and find one new post along with a bunch of older posts that were 2-4 hours old. I didn't see the older posts because they weren't there an hour earlier, but the time stamp on the posts said they had been there for 2-4 hours. If it had only happened once to me I'd question myself, and I did, but after it happened a few times I started watching for missed posts and I have been finding them. I wonder if that's what's happened to you. 

I think what happened to me is I scrolled all the way down and commented before the page loaded all the way.  We don't have very good internet here, so I usually have to wait for all the posts to show up.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 10:32 AM, The Bird Nuts said:

I think what happened to me is I scrolled all the way down and commented before the page loaded all the way.  We don't have very good internet here, so I usually have to wait for all the posts to show up.

The same thing happens to me, sometimes.