Whatbird Community

Common Checkered Skipper (Colorado) and Tropical Skipper (Florida)

I'm wondering if others here on Whatbird would appreciate a thread dedicated just to butterflies? Should we start one? Is there one here already? I know I would use it.

023.JPG

018 (5).JPG

• Like 4

On 5/22/2021 at 3:54 AM, Clip said:

I'm wondering if others here on Whatbird would appreciate a thread dedicated just to butterflies? Should we start one? Is there one here already? I know I would use it.

I think the “bugs” thread will suffice.

14 hours ago, lonesome55dove said:

Moth / ? 

ACtC-3fXjr5DPfW5fRxliWRGGi349yruMpHFlE0A7ZO9vtEUIsnpJredAWaXRy2QLAeofUKY6x8TqB-GFbS7n2bRpkW_9xw4zQ6IzfyjRJhm1YLJGgVeMx8qWMf0vlB5Hfyg8PGeSQ1vxuEoCGTp-iknyfpoiw=w673-h897-no?authuser=0

This is one very cool looking moth! Check out the antennae! Is the fuzzy stuff at it's face part of the moth or the plant?

Edited by Clip
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Clip said:

This is one very cool looking moth! Check out the antennae! Is the fuzzy stuff at it's face part of the moth or the plant?

Thanks! I agree, it is a cool looking moth. I'm not sure about the fuzzy stuff tho...I've been searching online trying to find a moth like this one but so far I've had zero luck. ?

1 hour ago, lonesome55dove said:

Thanks! I agree, it is a cool looking moth. I'm not sure about the fuzzy stuff tho...I've been searching online trying to find a moth like this one but so far I've had zero luck. ?

Where was it?

1 hour ago, Clip said:

Where was it?

The photo was taken in Washington State, Klickitat County. The moth was on the stem of a Bachelor's Button plant, if I remember corectly. After, looking around a little bit this looks like a Mottled Grass-veneer Moth, if that is right, then the fuzzy stuff is part of the moth. ?

• Like 1