Whatbird Community

This is one of the largest orb weavers that I have ever seen. It's body was about the size of a nickel with the legs covering an area about the size of loonie, the Canadian dollar coin. I would have preferred a better angle of view, but I wasn't going to get on the other side of the web to do it, there were too many other webs around for that.

80896B10-247A-4A4C-B620-EB1B0C6322AC_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.4e6f9d31033abb7597dd68e5855a5886.jpeg

Edited by lonestranger
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, meghann said:

And then some spiders, even though they're not bugs:

New orb weaver tiny green spider the weaver devil spider2 Spider spider

And a risque shot of mating!

mating golden orb weavers

Cool! The last photo where you indicate the Golden Silk Orb Weaver is mating answers a question for me I have had for some time. I always wonder what the little spider in the big spiders web was. Was it a baby or a different spider species taking advantage of the huge web...Of course, this question always occurs out in the field and by the time I get home other things come up, I forget about the ? ...and I never got around to looking up the answer. Mystery solved thank you!

156.JPG

• Like 2