Whatbird Community

Best eBird Photos!

21 hours ago, IKLland said:

The bombing might be the worst ever right now….like, seriously? Isn’t this an easy five to you guys too? 
https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/479477811

I would say that some might be thinking there is too much negative space..."the bird at least fairly large in the frame".  That is my rational argument.  Knowing how people are, yes there are probably jerky people.  

I could go on a rant about why anyone cares what the ratings are, but that is likely just my life experience/personality.  

20 hours ago, Tanager 101 said:

Yeah easy fives. Michigan photos are getting bombed really bad. I have some that I would say are 5 stars and probably some of my best ever but I don't want to upload them because they will get bombed fast.

Don't let other people stop you from doing something, unless it involves "jumping" and a "cliff".  

13 hours ago, Birding Boy said:

ding ding ding ding! That's why all my Michigan photos get bombed, Lol. We've got some oddly competitive people here. 

Competitive can be good when it is friendly, but doesn't surprise me there are the un-friendly kind around here.  I think I have been lucky that my interactions have been with the latter.  Were you birding when the Spotted Redshank showed up near Ann Arbor?  That drama was really crazy.  It was more possessive than competitive.  

Edited by chipperatl
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, blackburnian said:

Really nice portrait imo

13 minutes ago, Quiscalus quiscula said:

I would call that a five too. Some parts of the head are overexposed, but other areas have really nice detail and it's a stunning photo.

Sorry guys, but there’s just too much area on the neck with zero detail for it to be a five IMO

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Birds are cool said:

I know this is my photo, but does this really deserve a 4 star average? I would like to here others opinions.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/484656501

Beware because I'm not a photographer, but in my opinion the bird is a bit too far to the bottom of the frame, and the scruffiness of the bird may make some people think that the bird is not as sharp as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds are cool said:

I know this is my photo, but does this really deserve a 4 star average? I would like to here others opinions.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/484656501

Everything about it is a five, except the framing. It’s even that the bird is too low in the shot(that’s debatable), but that thick stick going directly behind the head is distracting to me.

Edited by IKLland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Kevin changed the title to Best eBird Photos!