Whatbird Community

Review Bombing

4 minutes ago, HamRHead said:

It was flagged as rare and I didn't get a photo, so...

Screenshot_20210915-182114_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That's a very good detailed sketch!  Was it confirmed?  I haven't had the opportunity to upload a sketch to eBird, but I've done a few on iNaturalist.

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

That's a very good detailed sketch!  Was it confirmed?  I haven't had the opportunity to upload a sketch to eBird, but I've done a few on iNaturalist.

Thanks. Yes, it was accepted. I think I also described the flight pattern- snappy wing-beat/glide. I wasn't sure if it was acceptable to add a sketch, but evidently so.

• Like 4

I have 7421 ratings, but I only joined eBird beginning of June. And 326 photo quizzes, hmmm...

I almost exclusively rate photos through the quizzes, otherwise I find it a bit much of manual work to go through the top photos or recently uploaded ones. Especially because most of the photos uploaded in my county are blobs.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kansabirdguy said:

?  doesn't seem small to me. 

IMO it's too small to be considered a good pic. It's clearly identifiable, but a good photo should fit the space on the screen. There is way too much black around the edges as it's cropped too far in on the digiscoped/digibinned pic. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 1.46.21 PM.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DLecy said:

IMO it's too small to be considered a good pic. It's clearly identifiable, but a good photo should fit the space on the screen. There is way too much black around the edges as it's cropped too far in on the digiscoped/digibinned pic. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 1.46.21 PM.png

Huh... it fits the space on my computer...

• Like 1