Whatbird Community

Review Bombing

31 minutes ago, DLecy said:

Not everyone has the ability to flag media.

Get out of Dodge!  I would never have guessed I had powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men!  I guess it's the '100 checklists' qualification.

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, neilpa said:

Hmm, I've definitely got over 100 checklists. Clearly there's some additional criteria.

The last time I tried would've been in 2021 and I definitely didn't have 100 complete checklists in 2020. However, trying now, I still don't have the flagging "super power". Oh well, I can count on one hand the times I've noticed checklists with incorrect media.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neilpa said:

The last time I tried would've been in 2021 and I definitely didn't have 100 complete checklists in 2020. However, trying now, I still don't have the flagging "super power". Oh well, I can count on one hand the times I've noticed checklists with incorrect media.

Same

Edited by IKLland
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, neilpa said:

I can count on one hand the times I've noticed checklists with incorrect media.

9 hours ago, IKLland said:

Same

2 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I think I've found one, vs at least four times when someone has found an incorrect ID on one of my lists.  This level of access is wasted on me.

Really? I have found dozens, maybe even into the hundreds of them, but I do go, off and on, to Macaulay Library, sort it by US and recently uploaded, and look for them. I also run across them on checklist and accidently too though. 

For example, it took me about 30 seconds to find one just now, it is obviously not a Savannah Sparrow, but a Lark Bunting: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/404398991

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I have found dozens, maybe even into the hundreds of them, but I do go, off and on, to Macaulay Library, sort it by US and recently uploaded, and look for them.

Thanks for taking one for the team!  Frankly, I don't trust my ID skills enough.

(Geez, Kev; get a life!)

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Really? I have found dozens, maybe even into the hundreds of them, but I do go, off and on, to Macaulay Library, sort it by US and recently uploaded, and look for them. I also run across them on checklist and accidently too though. 

For example, it took me about 30 seconds to find one just now, it is obviously not a Savannah Sparrow, but a Lark Bunting: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/404398991

Now it’s showing as a vesper sparrow, which is also wrong. 

• Like 1

Here's a clear case of the wrong photo being uploaded. On the original checklist there's a bunch of photos of gulls mixed in with the crows. Sometimes these are obvious mistakes, rather than misidentifications!

232351264_Screenshot2022-01-12095832.thumb.png.69df8220360c5cc6593b66a0bf59f3ea.png

• Haha 5