Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Review Bombing


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Very confused. The faster the SS, the sharper the image.

Well for sure, until a certain point, but then it starts to get noisy, and while the birds motion might be stopped, the noise/grain is gunna go up substantially. This is all because the faster the shutter speed, the lower the amount of light is let into the camera. At least this is my experience with my camera and I assumed was a pretty consistent thing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

Well for sure, until a certain point, but then it starts to get noisy, and while the birds motion might be stopped, the noise/grain is gunna go up substantially. This is all because the faster the shutter speed, the lower the amount of light is let into the camera. At least this is my experience with my camera and I assumed was a pretty consistent thing.

Except the r5 can handle ISO’s up to 12800. Additionally, topaz denoise is great as well. The lighting in that photo was bright enough to the point where even with that high of a SS, the iso is 1600, which is totally fine to use in the r5. 

Edited by IKLland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Except the r5 can handle ISO’s up to 12800. Additionally, topaz denoise is great as well. The lighting in that photo was bright enough to the point where even with that high of a SS, the iso is 1600, which is totally fine to use in the r5. 

Yeah, I was mainly just comparing it to the comparatively low-end camera I use. I know the abilities of a much better camera are going to be a lot different. The photos mine would produce with that high SS wouldn't look great,Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2022 at 2:24 PM, Birding Boy said:

Yeah, I was mainly just comparing it to the comparatively low-end camera I use. I know the abilities of a much better camera are going to be a lot different.

It's also a $12k lens. That 600mm f/4 prime is doing a lot of work.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible to hide your ratings on eBird? I see lots of photos on the above checklist being rated multiple times but not showing any rating at all. Since 0 stars doesn't seem to be an option for rating, I have to wonder if the ratings are being hid by the photographer. That'd be one way to ensure your photos are rated on their quality and not influenced by someone thinking your photo is rated too high or too low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

Is it possible to hide your ratings on eBird? I see lots of photos on the above checklist being rated multiple times but not showing any rating at all. Since 0 stars doesn't seem to be an option for rating, I have to wonder if the ratings are being hid by the photographer. That'd be one way to ensure your photos are rated on their quality and not influenced by someone thinking your photo is rated too high or too low.

I don’t think you can. 
 

Im confused with what your saying, these photos have a few ratings. How do you know they’re being rated multiple times if you can’t see the ratings?

 

74B2196C-8AC9-4C28-B266-1856E4AD9545.png

302F15F1-62D4-4C0C-B79A-DC3329283F93.png

BACF3021-73DA-4DF6-9988-057E5F346A57.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the first and only time I haven't seen the rating stars. I suspect it's because I'm not eBird member, but I can see the rating stars for all other checklist photos I look at, but not with this photographer's photos.  🤷‍♂️

 

image.png.50eccc80fd3f120043aecc66156ffba3.png

 

Edited by lonestranger
tighter view.
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...