Whatbird Community

I'll just put "swallow sp."

Today near Denver.

These were the first swallows I've seen this year, so I was excited about it. They were far away, flying low over the water as they are wont to do. I got some really crappy pics. It's ok if I'm stuck with "swallow sp.," but I was hoping to nail down a species. I got a Tree Swallow vibe while watching them with my binoculars. I'm pretty sure I saw blue/green colors on them. But I thought I'd post these pics to see if anyone else has an opinion.

Thanks!

swallow1.jpg

swallow3.jpg

swallow4.jpg

swallow5.jpg

There was a much quicker way to get this answer. Actually give the answer instead of posting a picture that's clearly somewhat up to interpretation. It's most likely a Tree Swallow, and it looks like a Tree Swallow. Problem solved. Question answered. How hard was that?

16 minutes ago, Trevor L. said:

There was a much quicker way to get this answer. Actually give the answer instead of posting a picture that's clearly somewhat up to interpretation. It's most likely a Tree Swallow, and it looks like a Tree Swallow. Problem solved. Question answered. How hard was that?

True, but I think @Tony Leukering is just trying to encourage people to do research for themselves. He gives the hints needed, and they figure it out. It’s educational, and helps their experience as a birder.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

True, but I think @Tony Leukering is just trying to encourage people to do research for themselves. He gives the hints needed, and they figure it out. It’s educational, and helps their experience as a birder.

Tony's an acquired taste, like blue cheese or Vogon poetry.  :classic_tongue:

Edited by Charlie Spencer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Seanbirds said:

I have a different opinion about cryptic responses, I think they're frustrating. I don't understand why Tony couldn't have explained the bar chart in his post, the way @Hasan and @Trevor L. did in their posts. As it was pointed out, there was no need to complicate the answer with bar charts and links when a few words could have explained it quite simply.

• Like 3