Whatbird Community

Yardbirds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Red-shouldered Hawk!

Very much an oddball bird here, considering habitat. They just don't come here. They're common in forests (mainly riparian) but anywhere else in my area they're basically nonexistent. Kind of cool to see.

Edited by Seanbirds
  • Like 9

On 1/9/2023 at 10:40 AM, Seanbirds said:

Red-shouldered Hawk!

Very much an oddball bird here, considering habitat. They just don't come here. They're common in forests (mainly riparian) but anywhere else in my area they're basically nonexistent. Kind of cool to see.

Nice!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still impressed by folks who have yard lists with over 100 species. Even with 558 lists in my yard, I only have 50 species, and around 10 of those were fly-overs. Oh well, guess that's what being in the suburbs is like. Here's what my bar charts look like.

yard-bar-charts.thumb.png.55ab2c8705f44df22540f6e56fb3e775.png

Meanwhile, at my aunt's house in South Carolina, I've seen 58 different birds on only 33 checklists.

melanie-yard-charts.thumb.png.f4af4c984e6d227a31a3f9e7e42d9642.png

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Zoroark said:

I'm still impressed by folks who have yard lists with over 100 species. Even with 558 lists in my yard, I only have 50 species, and around 10 of those were fly-overs. Oh well, guess that's what being in the suburbs is like. Here's what my bar charts look like.

yard-bar-charts.thumb.png.55ab2c8705f44df22540f6e56fb3e775.png

Meanwhile, at my aunt's house in South Carolina, I've seen 58 different birds on only 33 checklists.

melanie-yard-charts.thumb.png.f4af4c984e6d227a31a3f9e7e42d9642.png

I have twenty acres as my backyard, so getting 180 is just a matter of getting out there.

• Like 5