Whatbird Community

I'm curious what other hobbies folks here have...

Clip

39 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

Herping, other photography, (besides wildlife) LEGO building, and Tennis.

As you know I have a ton of herp photographs but I don't think I would call it my hobby. I don't go out looking for herps. I go out looking for birds and manage to see a lot of herps and other wildlife in the process.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Avery said:

Mountain Biking, Alpine Skiing

Same. I do a lot of mountain biking, and while I don’t ski that much, we try to get up a few times a year. Also, out of the 8 or so very serious high school birders in the general area, I’m the only in who is also very invested in sports. I swim and play Water Polo. I don’t have time for much else, between school, homework, sports, and birding. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Same. I do a lot of mountain biking, and while I don’t ski that much, we try to get up a few times a year. Also, out of the 8 or so very serious high school birders in the general area, I’m the only in who is also very invested in sports. I swim and play Water Polo. I don’t have time for much else, between school, homework, sports, and birding. 

Yeah. I try to fit in intermittent bike rides and ski days in between birding and school, as well as lacrosse in the spring. There’s only one other serious high school birder in my area

Nice responses! I also love to read. I'm hooked on mysteries. I always have a book to read (now days that is on my phone using the Libby app). Bowling is another hobby though I'm not very good. And some swimming. I don't include photography because while I take a ton of photos I operate strictly on auto. One of my most time consuming activities is to get my photos organized.

• Like 1

Been a while since I picked up my airbrush

img-1280_orig.jpg

img-3246a_orig.jpg

Big into Baseball Cards (especially throwback jerseys), but have stopped pouring money into that now.  Birding is the main hobby now.  Reading has taken a hit.  2019 I read over 60 books, but last year plus have been significantly less.  

img-6693_orig.jpg

Edited by chipperatl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Your cover photo is the other newer boardwalk, right?  Does the old one now have railings too?

I’ve only ever been to one boardwalk at Mollie Beattie Bog, which had railings, so I’m not sure. 

Besides birding, let's see... Literally anything else to do with nature - butterflies and moths are a big one right now. Mammals of course. Piano, Photography, and Drawing are my other ones, although I haven't drawn in forever. I dink around with building stuff too - I love working with my hands so if I can come up with anything robotic that needs to be made I'll try to make it 🤣

• Like 5