Whatbird Community

I'm curious what other hobbies folks here have...

Clip

1 minute ago, Seanbirds said:

Yup, but I'm pretty bad at it. I need to practice more!

I wouldn't say my drawings are that good, either, though I've improved a bit since I started. I pretty much only draw from pictures. The first goose I drew (Great white-fronted), my mother said it looked like a duck! But my most recent goose (Pink-footed) actually looks like a goose!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

@Quiscalus quiscula There are a few bird art threads here if you would like to share your work...or just check them out. :classic_smile:

https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/topic/2163-art/

https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/topic/14546-bird-drawing-contest/

Wow, I'm nowhere near as good as you or the posters here! Great to look at, though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bombycilla Cedorum said:

I love almost all sports. Classical music is pretty much what I do all day, because I plan to be professional musician, so I immerse myself in concertos, symphonies, sonatas, etc. I also enjoy reading, especially biographies.

Forgot to say I do martial arts as well. (Which is pretty much the only distinguishing factor between me and Seanbirds¬†ūü§£). I also want to become a professional musician some day, ever since I got a taste of what it's like to make music together in a youth orchestra.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

COVID has had almost no significant impact on my life but I sure miss yoga.  I need the studio or group setting; I have trouble getting motivated on my own.

That's interesting. I can definitely see how group settings motivate people, especially when the Shifu yells at you to do those V-ups properly.

Edited by Quiscalus quiscula
grammatical error
  • Haha 1

Cycling!  Why drive a car when you can ride a bike!  I have to admit that 105 today was a little over my threshold for heat.  I've lost 25 pounds in the past 3 months with another 20 to go.  It's a great workout for most of your major muscle groups.  I have a bike trainer in the house for bad days and I ride the country side when the weather allows.  When we rode up the Going to the Sun Road at Glacier I didn't know we missed so much in the car.  

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Seattle said:

Cycling!  Why drive a car when you can ride a bike!  I have to admit that 105 today was a little over my threshold for heat.  I've lost 25 pounds in the past 3 months with another 20 to go.  It's a great workout for most of your major muscle groups.  I have a bike trainer in the house for bad days and I ride the country side when the weather allows.  When we rode up the Going to the Sun Road at Glacier I didn't know we missed so much in the car.  

Definitely. I've been biking less lately because you can't use binoculars on a bike, though. My non-birder sister would definitely agree with you, she's crazy about bicycles.

• Like 1