Whatbird Community

I'm curious what other hobbies folks here have...

Clip

8 hours ago, neilpa said:

Yes, but only casually. I'm going to assume you're into Wingspan?

Yeah! I like Wingspan a lot, me and my mom play it almost every week day at lunch, because we can play in about 15min while we eat. In fact, we have played it enough I have every card(including the two expansions) memorized.

@neilpa,  @Seanbirds and @Bombycilla Cedorum What board games do y'all have?

We don't have many that take us over and house because we just don't have time for it.😞 

A few we have:

• Wingspan.
  • Kingdom builder. 
  • Castles.
  • Bunny Kingdome.
  • Steampunk rally.
  • Settlers of Catan.

Also the reason I asked if any knew what BoardGameGeek was, is because if you knew what it was, you probably were playing harder level games than monopoly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seanbirds said:

I'm going to get that game for Christmas! 😁I do like board games, but it's sometimes hard to convince the rest of the family to play.

That's fun! I got it for Christmas three years ago, and every Christmas since I have got an expansion!  I hope you like it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neilpa said:

Not many, Wingspan, Dominion, Kingdomino, Munchkin and a couple others I don't remember off the top of my head

We had Kingdomino, we got rid of it after awhile, it was a little two easy for us, but it was fun for a while.

15 hours ago, Bombycilla Cedorum said:

We have several spinoffs on Monopoly including Birdopoly. The game we probably play the most is Scrabble. As @Seanbirds mentioned it can be hard to get the whole family to play sometimes.

Love Scrabble! Use to play it with my parents a long long long long time ago. Every now and then I can get my husband or granddaughter to play it with me. My husband and Granddaughter play Monopoly often. I have the worse luck playing it so I usually bow out.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Clip said:

@LiamBachman's Sparrow researcher I found a good place for these in Duval County, FL. We always seem to find a couple when we go. What are you researching? Their numbers, their behavior...?

I'm researching two different facets of their ecology - their habitat characteristics (specifically in Texas) and their singing phenology.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

Pick up trash, rescue jeeps, camping, etc.! It's just a great way to get out and explore new wilderness areas with like-minded people.

Thanks for picking up trash. We need folks like you in Florida. Trashy State! I thought Colorado was bad but Florida is so much worse. 

• Sad 4

On 8/16/2021 at 5:24 AM, Seanbirds said:

I'm going to get that game for Christmas! 😁I do like board games, but it's sometimes hard to convince the rest of the family to play.

I LOVE playing wingspan! My family has the expansion and we love playing it. It is hard to understand at first though, since there is a lot of pieces!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

No, you don't need people to pick up trash.  You need people to STOP throwing it out.

Indeed! I have contact a couple of people here in Florida about the situation actually and tried to make the point that there seems to be a lack of respect for community, a lack of pride something... But, it fell on deaf ears. I will keep trying.

• Like 5