Whatbird Community

Dowitchers, Long-billed or Short-billed

23 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

Spammer has been taken care of. My thanks to those who reported the posts!

Just doing our part to keep WhatBird running smoothly.

I feel bad for the people the spammer replied to. They had a ton of replies with no definite answers. I feel even worse because I suck with dowitchers and can't add anything useful here. My apologies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trevor L. said:

Just doing our part to keep WhatBird running smoothly.

I feel bad for the people the spammer replied to. They had a ton of replies with no definite answers. I feel even worse because I suck with dowitchers and can't add anything useful here. My apologies.

There's still time - It's only been half a day, which was during the night in the areas most WhatBirders live in.

Reporting spam posts means there is no need to reply to them and fill up the thread; when I get to it/wake up I can deal with them behind the scenes. A report is also convenient for me because the platform provides a bunch of useful options for me in the report so I can deal with them efficiently; this is especially true when one user posts in several threads. 

I also don't have any experience with Dowitchers, but WhatBirders will be waking up and coming home from early-AM birding sessions soon so hopefully help is on the way!

• Like 1