Whatbird Community

1 hour ago, Aveschapines said:

Welcome to WhatBird! I agree with White-Crowned Sparrow. Maybe someday I'll get to see one!

Come to California, you’ll get sick of them within an hour of coming here. On a more serious note, there are a few scattered reports from Central America, and even down to Columbia, so it’s always a possibility. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Come to California, you’ll get sick of them within an hour of coming here. On a more serious note, there are a few scattered reports from Central America, and even down to Columbia, so it’s always a possibility. 

When I can travel for birding again I will keep my eyes peeled!

4 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I am from California and I never get sick of them! They are perhaps my favorite bird with their beautiful song. I miss them when they leave in April and I welcome them back in the fall! They say absence makes the heart grow fonder! 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, dimitrig said:

I am from California and I never get sick of them! They are perhaps my favorite bird with their beautiful song. I miss them when they leave in April and I welcome them back in the fall! They say absence makes the heart grow fonder! 

They’re along the central coast and in the mountains during the summer, so you can still see them if you get to the correct parts of the state.