Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, neilpa said:

Bobolink

Too funny, as I was hoping to see one today at that location. It's a lifer. Someone else posted a picture a few days ago from there, but I thought it would be bigger😂 Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jonesmunoz said:

Too funny, as I was hoping to see one today at that location. It's a lifer. Someone else posted a picture a few days ago from there, but I thought it would be bigger😂 Thanks

It's a bitty Bobolink! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jonesmunoz said:

but I thought it would be bigger😂

I remember when I saw my first Spotted Towhee, I thought it was going to be the size of a small sparrow!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why by I always expect shorebirds to be larger.  I have this incorrect mental image of most peeps being similar height with chickens, and a Whimbrel being up there with an ibis.  When I'm around them, it always takes me a couple of sightings to get my expectations brought back in line with reality.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I don't know why by I always expect shorebirds to be larger.  I have this incorrect mental image of most peeps being similar height with chickens, and a Whimbrel being up there with an ibis.  When I'm around them, it always takes me a couple of sightings to get my expectations brought back in line with reality.

I feel that soooooo much. First time I saw least sandpipers I was looking about a foot too high

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avery said:I feel that soooooo much. First time I saw least sandpipers I was looking about a foot too high

I was expecting them to be Robin-sized! :classic_laugh: First time I ever saw a Willet, I thought to myself “that’s way too small!”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Seanbirds said:

I was expecting them to be Robin-sized! :classic_laugh: First time I ever saw a Willet, I thought to myself “that’s way too small!”

My first ever shorebird was a willet, so that put my expectations WAAYYY out of proportions 😂 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avery said:

My first ever shorebird was a willet, so that put my expectations WAAYYY out of proportions 😂 

I was expecting mine to be about the size of a Cattle Egret! :classic_laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...