Whatbird Community

Guadalupe River.

Kevin

Day 1:

Wednesday morning we got up and headed out for Guadalupe River State Park, so we drove and drove and drove...Okay, it really wasn't that bad, it only took us 5 hours.

Any way we got to the State Park and got our camp set up, after which I road my bike down to an eBird hotspot/park bird blind hoping for an Indigo Bunting that had been there the day before. No Indigo Bunting, but Northern Cardinals, Painted Buntings, Chickadees, Black-crested Titmouse, Lesser Goldfinch, Black-chinned Hummingbirds, Northern Parulas, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and lots of Brown-headed Cowbirds. All of which are really common there.

Latter that day we went kayaking on a 4 mile stretch where I got some great views of a Green Heron, and also saw Indigo Buntings and Woodhouse's Scrub-Jay. I also saw Egyptian Goose which was kind of cool to see. https://ebird.org/checklist/S90303041

That evening after we had fixed some tacos, I road my bike around for a little while and I found a Golden-cheeked Warbler, but nothing much else of interest.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 6