Whatbird Community

One Year old picture of Finch

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

Looks good for a Purple to me! The shadows on the face did throw me off for a bit though.

42 minutes ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I agree with Purple, but do you have other shots?

40 minutes ago, Aidan B said:

I also say it's a Purple.

Thank you all, Yes, I have a couple more pictures. Hope it will help. Basically they are taken from the same angle though...

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Birding Boy said:

@Victor D The second shot helps a lot, since we can see the distinctive Purple Finch face pattern now. 

WOW!! I did not realize for full year I got my First Purple :)))))) Stupid me

Thank you Birding Boy!!!!!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, IKLland said:

@Victor D, nice shots! what do you shoot with?

Sorry for delay, IKLland

I use P900 Nikon. Not DSLR.  It is just long zoom, but hard to get sharp picture, especially with zoom completely extended...After seeing other people pics I am not happy with results. Camera has certain limitation. Slow, AF is not accurate and fast, almost no chance to get bird in a fly....

But thank you !!

Edited by Victor D
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Victor D said:

Sorry for delay, IKLland

I use P900 Nikon. Not DSLR.  It is just long zoom, but hard to get sharp picture, especially with zoom completely extended...After seeing other people pics I am not happy with results. Camera has certain limitation. Slow, AF is not accurate and fast, almost no chance to get bird in a fly....

But thank you !!

Oh, that's impressive! I also use a superzoom point and shoot, not a dslr. As you said, the zoom is great, but the autofocus is very slow, and the sharpness isn't great. It's a starter camera for me ( as I'm still a new birder), but i will( later this year) be getting my first dslr. 

My current camera is a panasonic FZ-80, which i managed to get for $260!

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, IKLland said:

Oh, that's impressive! I also use a superzoom point and shoot, not a dslr. As you said, the zoom is great, but the autofocus is very slow, and the sharpness isn't great. It's a starter camera for me ( as I'm still a new birder), but i will( later this year) be getting my first dslr. 

My current camera is a panasonic FZ-80, which i managed to get for $260!

I even managed to drop mine and crack lenses... Dos not really affect anything as crack is on a side of the lens... But I was pretty devastated when it happened

• Sad 3