Whatbird Community

I am trying to identify a north east Texas bird who calls at dusk and in the early night hours with a chirp warble warble. I’m sorry I do not have a picture. I wish there were a way to record its call and be able to identify it from that. Can anyone help me?

2 hours ago, Cathy Smith said:

I wish there were a way to record its call and be able to identify it from that. Can anyone help me?

Do you have a cell phone? Since they have a microphone, you can usually record sounds on them, or take video on them (the video will capture the sound as well of course). Then you can post the sound recording or video here and we can help identify it, or you can run it through an app like birdnet as suggested above (I do not know how accurate that is, I have not used it).

2 hours ago, Cathy Smith said:

north east Texas bird who calls at dusk and in the early night hours with a chirp warble warble

Chuck-Will's-Widow? https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Chuck-wills-widow/sounds

• Like 5