Whatbird Community

On the fence...

35 minutes ago, Clip said:

More fence birding treasure.

025 (3).JPG

107 (2).JPG

Don't Lark Buntings live on fences? That what they give as the habitat in field guides right?

Okay, I really haven't seen that many, but all the ones I have seen where within five feet of one except one, that was on a telephone poll.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Don't Lark Buntings live on fences? That what they give as the habitat in field guides right?

Okay, I really haven't seen that many, but all the ones I have seen where within five feet of one except one, that was on a telephone poll.

No they do not live on fences but they do spend quite a bit of time on then as do many birds as they are great for viewing the ground for food. Plus being on the fence just makes them easier to find. As is so with many birds. Just try finding the Chestnut-collared Longspur in a farm or ranch field without trespassing without the fence.

025 (4).JPG

024 (4).JPG

084.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

McCown's Longspur

2400?__hstc=264660688.8c01dac64b377f41cb

This is one I have seen mostly on the ground not on fences. Where did you get this shot? Most of the ones I have seen were in Pawnee National Grasslands in Colorado.

100 (2).JPG

093 (2).JPG

• Like 5