Whatbird Community

3 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I'm not too impressed with the new 'severe noise' AI. It seems pretty similar to the watercolor filter that some old Nikon cameras have, and doesn't really seem to improve the image. Example below:

Yeah, that's too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered (thanks to my favorite photography YouTuber, Duade Paton) DxO PureRAW, another program that does an excellent job at removing noise and preserving detail.  I think DxO PureRAW might be better than Topaz DeNoise.  I don't take photos with super high ISO, so I'm wondering if @Connor Cochrane could give it a try, if you haven't already.  There is a free 31 day trial.

titmousephotocomparison.thumb.jpg.5d2979b8602f9b061eefc2c66be6ee5b.jpg

Edited by The Bird Nuts
I realize my example is highly compressed and doesn't show how well PureRAW worked..
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I'm glad to read that because I couldn't see any difference!

Sorry, my bad.  I don't want to upload a huge file.  Is this better?  One cool thing about this software is it makes adjustments according to the camera and lens used and it also fixes the exposure automatically.

tutiphotocomparison2.thumb.jpg.d4ec2439ce2eb3842ff4fa93a2a97c87.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Which one, DeNoise or PureRAW?

Sorry, should have clarified...PureRAW. I've used DeNoise for about a year now, but am interested in other options.

• Like 4