Whatbird Community

Testing too; I also don't have an edit button on my older posts.

I really don't know what you mean in this message. What does "lets see how long it lasts" mean exactly?

We've seen that the edit button is there for a limited time after you post. It seems to disappear rather quickly and we can no longer edit our posts after that.

OK - yes, I have the edit button (actually a clickable link, the word edit in blue next to the word quote at the bottom left of the post): 

Edited by Aveschapines
Testing

20 minutes ago, Aveschapines said:

OK; I kept watching and refreshing. My edit button disappeared five minutes after I posted.

Don't know what to tell you. Sorry but I've got a lot of other things to work on and this is one of those weirdnesses that I could spend a lot of time spinning my wheels on. Maybe there is some kind of issue or maybe its a feature :-). Lets just keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask since I signed on.  When I open a discussion, is there an easy way to go directly to the first comment I haven't already read?

Thanks for any insight.

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask since I signed on.  When I open a discussion, is there an easy way to go directly to the first comment I haven't already read?

Thanks for any insight.

There is a dot (or star if you've posted in that thread) at the left of the topic title that brings you to the first unread post in that thread.

487986779_unreadpost.thumb.jpg.cfa3bbb97fe42401b70e74eb0cbbb6de.jpg

Edited by The Bird Nuts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

Thanks for any insight.

Yes! Click on the dot or star to the left of the title of the thread. If it's a star it means you have posted in the thread.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Administrator said:

Charlie I found that I can add custom fields to Profiles and today I added a text field called "Location". You will find it in your profile and can now add your location to it, like City, State.

Got it!  Thanks!

Thank you so much for not giving up and getting the forum back up and running! I was so sad to see it down, began to worry that WhatBird would do what so many  once great forums have done by shuttering and switching to Facebook - which would've been horrific. Thanks again and I am so sorry you had to slog through so much strife. 

I figured it was gone for good.  I have missed this wonderful place for SO long. :classic_happy:  My life is finally back to normal now! :classic_wink:

• Like 2

Here's another question:  I hope there is never a problem as the one we just went through, but if the forums come down again, is there a place where we can get information / updates on what is going on?

2 hours ago, Mila said:

Here's another question:  I hope there is never a problem as the one we just went through, but if the forums come down again, is there a place where we can get information / updates on what is going on?

I want to know the answer as well!!

Forgive the suggestion, but I have the impression that there is a setting that controls how much time is available to edit comments.  I just searched an Invision support forum and stumbled across this. I don't know if it applies to the situation of users not being able to edit comments after a far too brief interval, but it appears that Invision may have a simple solution. 

I'd prefer an unlimited time, which seems to be an option.

QtityG4.jpg

Edited by SeeHear
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thelodger14 said:

The new site is still partially working. Anything to fix this?

Might I suggest being more specific?  What isn't working for you?

the main home page shows  in the Forum Activity section in mid right side states that the underlying connection was closed . can you help me out?