Whatbird Community
bearcat6

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

Finally! Photo of, I believe, the female Bluebird. Central Florida. The wooden pole is where the nest is.

FB3C9FF0-0149-4F29-9F14-00E365ABA433.jpeg

6C0E1D3F-FDC7-47C6-8368-54201DB55D1F.jpeg

C4148BB1-471E-48D1-8C53-5BCB71649229.jpeg

2ED7F649-A23E-48CE-B39A-52174EFC9671.jpeg

• Like 6

La Conte's Thrasher, saw this guy this morning at the seed feeder, he then when out in the weeds. Even out here in the rural desert (Yucca Valley Ca) we don't see them all that much. I wasn't able to get closer that about 75ft with a 600mm lens as he roamed the weeds out back.

resize_DSC04446 1.jpg

• Like 6

Black-crowned Night Heron this morning (don't seem to be as many around this year) and sticking with a slower shutter (1/500 here) for BIF whenever I can.

Black-crowned Night Heron HVT-7228799.jpg

• Like 8

I could see where landing on the top of a Joshua Tree might be a little dicey, but they do it all the time. Yucca Valley....Mojave Desert

resize_DSC04450 1.jpg

• Like 3

Black Skimmer skimming at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington Beach CA yesterday.

BolsaChica_23Jun2020-736.jpg

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Quite happy with this song sparrow from this morning 😄 

Edit; what would be the best way to upload photos here? They appear a bit blurry for me

20200624_1048_TE_7DmkII_2539.jpg

Edited by Tim Emmerzaal
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Tim Emmerzaal said:

what would be the best way to upload photos here? They appear a bit blurry for me

It shouldn't matter how you upload the image as the quality will be the same as the source image. It might be better to transfer directly from your computer rather than from a social media intermediate site which could possibly degrade your image but unlikely to be an issue (social media not my area of expertise). Your image looks fine on my desktop monitor - the focus point may be slightly in front of the bird but you can probably check this with editing software (this is available on Nikon s/w and I think one of the free ones, maybe FastStone).

Nice shot (all out of likes again).

• Like 1