Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day


Recommended Posts

On 7/15/2020 at 1:26 PM, SirVive said:

She's a golden frizz-crested bird of paradise who needed a bowie knife to help her out of the shell due to her insisting on standing upright and eating all her egg white too quickly. Stewed for 39 weeks for a grand total of 7.3lbs - 1 1/2 weeks and a full pound more than her older sister👍

Love your little nestling! Good thing she's a bird; that procedure is considerably more complicated for human babies...

I refused to stop sitting down and position myslef for the proper head-first dive; but they didn't use the bowie knife extraction back in those days. I was just under 10 pounds. My mother never forgave me LOL! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, SirVive said:

She's a golden frizz-crested bird of paradise who needed a bowie knife to help her out of the shell due to her insisting on standing upright and eating all her egg white too quickly. Stewed for 39 weeks for a grand total of 7.3lbs - 1 1/2 weeks and a full pound more than her older sister👍

LOL, congrats!!  She's is the cutest golden frizz-crested bird of paradise I've ever seen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Aveschapines said:

I refused to stop sitting down and position myslef for the proper head-first dive

That means you more resembled the frog family for the first few weeks  😊  Can you still scratch behind your ears with your toes?🤔:classic_laugh:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SirVive said:

That means you more resembled the frog family for the first few weeks  😊  Can you still scratch behind your ears with your toes?🤔:classic_laugh:

 

No, those days are long gone 😄 But I did frog-sit (legs in a W position) when I was a kid, until I was told to stop when I was diagnosed with scoliosis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2020 at 9:57 AM, Aveschapines said:

I was trying to figure that out too; I didn't notice the legs, and it looked like a fish with a really weird tail! When I see them here they chow down on caterpillars.

There is not a lot of caterpillars around right now, but there is no shortage of grasshoppers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...