Whatbird Community
bearcat6

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

This Rufous Hummingbird has chased of every other hummingbird, that have been coming to my feeder all summer!

DSCN3945.JPG

DSCN3964.JPG

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Kevin said:

This Rufous Hummingbird has chased of every other hummingbird, that have been coming to my feeder all summer!

DSCN3945.JPG

DSCN3964.JPG

I checked out your bird album on Google Photos. You've got quite a portfolio there!  :classic_smile:

Least Bittern this morning - showed no interest in relocating into the reeds and was still in the same spot when I moved on.

Least Bittern HVT-7501067.jpg

• Like 15

After I found out that we have hummingbirds in the local park, my goal for this summer was to capture one. A lot of times, I came close, but yesterday it finally happened! 😄 Not 100% satisfied with the picture quality, but at least my goal is achieved! Winter is now allowed to come...

20200905_1826_TE_7DmkII_8982.jpg

20200905_1828_TE_7DmkII_9044.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Tim Emmerzaal said:

After I found out that we have hummingbirds in the local park, my goal for this summer was to capture one. A lot of times, I came close, but yesterday it finally happened! 😄 Not 100% satisfied with the picture quality, but at least my goal is achieved! Winter is now allowed to come...

20200905_1826_TE_7DmkII_8982.jpg

20200905_1828_TE_7DmkII_9044.jpg

I love the bottom one!

• Like 1

I have very little luck finding owls so was very happy to find my first Barred Owl today (bigger than I expected).

It was under constant bombardment from a Blue Jay - almost got a photo of the Jay ruffling the feathers on the top of its head as it attacked.

Barred Owl HVT-7501223.jpg

• Like 12

Scrub Jay in Mojave Desert rural Yucca Valley Ca. This is the first Scrub Jay I have seen out here. My be displace from the fire in the mountains 10 miles away. Super smokey out today, found out auto focus doesn't work well in the smoke, switched to manual focus on this shot. Sept 7 2020

resize_DSC05206 1.jpg

• Like 8