Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

2 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Yeah. @AlexHenry was also there so he might have some photos to share as well.

None as good as Connor’s! I don’t have very much pelagic experience so mostly I was just trying to get good looks at birds and familiarize myself with them. I did take a few pics though, here’s a Laysan Albatross:

197CD773-3D36-464D-A13C-DF6B21A967BB.thumb.jpeg.3c79401c3af56f67082619aa35f42ae6.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

Great shot! That list is awesome too btw, super sweet Hawaiian Petrel. I really need to do a pelagic I think.

Yeah. It's unfortunate you can't see the whole trip on one list since we had some other really good birds. However pelagic protocol requires checklists to be split every hour.

29 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Yeah. It's unfortunate you can't see the whole trip on one list since we had some other really good birds. However pelagic protocol requires checklists to be split every hour.

I assume they split them up because otherwise it would cover too much distance? I’ve have seen that done before on other plagues. 

35 minutes ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Yeah. You cover close to 100 miles during a pelagic so you do have to split it up (otherwise the county borders would be mad). 

Makes sense. Just count all the birds for multiple counties 😉

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Birding Boy said:

I assume they split them up because otherwise it would cover too much distance? I’ve have seen that done before on other plagues. 

Let’s just pretend nobody saw those typos and autocorrects attempt to fix them.

• Haha 2