Share Your Best Photo of the Day

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cerulean Warbler

From a couple days ago - Mourning Dove carrying nesting material: And a Cedar Waxwing:

Pied Billed Grebe struggling with a fish I didn't think was going to make it down it's throat.  Took about 10 minutes, but it proved me wrong!   https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/317620821#_ga=2.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
Just now, lonestranger said:

That's Red-breasted Grosbeak chasing off a Baltimore Oriole.

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Edited by Avery
It’s not “Rose-bearded” either 😂
  • Haha 3
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Avery said:

Rose-bearded Grosbeak

Thanks for the half correction, I knew the proper name but obviously goofed on that one....Good thing I didn't call it a Red-BEARDED Grosbeak, huh? :classic_laugh:

Edited by lonestranger
  • Haha 6
10 minutes ago, lonestranger said:

I love those little guys. We had them nesting in our old yard the past few years but unfortunately we haven't seen any yet this year at our new place.

My dad has a love/hate relationship with wrens. He loves seeing and hearing the Carolina Wrens at our feeders in the winter, and he loves watching the Winter Wrens when he’s hunting, but the House Wrens...

They have nested at our house for years, and they have decided the best place to sing in the morning is right outside his window 😆. The problem is, you can’t hit snooze on that alarm clock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 5/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, xpoetmarcr said:

BirdForum-45497.jpg.9a2158e57af0536f94d9f6c5f212732a.jpg

Nice shot!

8 hours ago, MizKatie said:

What are they? So bright and colorful. 💖

A good field guide could’ve easily told you the answers to those. Do you have one? Just wondering. 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, IKLland said:

Nice shot!

A good field guide could’ve easily told you the answers to those. Do you have one? Just wondering. 

I don’t. I’m a 64 year old woman. Taking bird photos as a hobby. Hubby bought me a Canon DSLR camera a few years ago. Taking bird photos have taught me to use it. I live in Florida or as I fondly call it hell so our birds can change. 😊😊

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MizKatie said:

I don’t. I’m a 64 year old woman. Taking bird photos as a hobby. Hubby bought me a Canon DSLR camera a few years ago. Taking bird photos have taught me to use it. I live in Florida or as I fondly call it hell so our birds can change. 😊😊

It doesn't matter what approach you take, as long as you are enjoying birds that's what counts.

I have some friends who love to take bird photos but are not too interested in devoting time to figuring out bird IDs (that's where I come in). Each to their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MizKatie said:

That’s ok. Welcome to the hobby! I was just trying to show that if you want to casually know what birds your looking at, you should get one. But since your really a photographer,  I understand. 

Edited by IKLland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went fishing a week ago. First photo is Henry. He hangs at the marina. We have a pair of Eastern Bluebirds who have a nest they use every year.

I’m also open to suggestions if anyone has any. I’m just an older lady taking photos. I’m disabled and when I have surgeries, birds and camera keep me sane. Thank you all. Love your photos. 

5D62A4F3-52BE-4A4E-8555-88F76910710F.jpeg

31D994DC-822F-4D14-AB0F-026370DE9073.jpeg

• Like 5