Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

21 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

It's between a 3 and 4 for me.  The colors are a bit desaturated, it is lacking crisp details, and the composition/angle is average.  Better detail and color would make it clear-cut 4 stars.

Thanks, what do you mean by desaturated? They aren’t usually that colorful.

While to someone not that familiar with neotropic birds, this would be considered a pretty meh photo, this might be the photo this trip I'm the most proud of. This is a Thicket Antpitta, a bird that is very rarely seen, usually only heard. When you see it it's usually only a quick glimpse deep in a thicket, but I managed to get a photo showing the whole bird.

2400?__hstc=264660688.8c01dac64b377f41cb

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Connor Cochrane said:

While to someone not that familiar with neotropic birds, this would be considered a pretty meh photo, this might be the photo this trip I'm the most proud of. This is a Thicket Antpitta, a bird that is very rarely seen, usually only heard. When you see it it's usually only a quick glimpse deep in a thicket, but I managed to get a photo showing the whole bird.

Awesome!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Connor Cochrane said:

Amazing bird, and photo! If you look on eBird there’s literally no good shots of this species.  No neotropic experience here, but I’ve heard of their secretive reputation. Super well done.

• Like 3