Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

4 hours ago, IKLland said:

What camera/lens do you shut with? You take great shots!

Thank you for the kind words.  I use the Nikon D500 with a 200-500mm lens for all my bird shots.  My longest lens before that was a 300mm, and when I decided to focus (no pun intended) on bird photography that lens just wasn't enough.  At that time, the 200-500mm lens was the only affordable Nikon lens in that range that I could afford.  As it turns out, I've been quite happy with its capability.

But then I heard of a new lens recently that I'd love to have.  But when I found out the price tag was around $10K, well, I'm happy with what I got.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by xpoetmarcr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xpoetmarcr said:

Thank you for the kind words.  I use the Nikon D500 with a 200-500mm lens for all my bird shots.  My longest lens before that was a 300mm, and when I decided to focus (no pun intended) on bird photography that lens just wasn't enough.  At that time, the 200-500mm lens was the only affordable Nikon lens in that range that I could afford.  As it turns out, I've been quite happy with its capability.

But then I heard of a new lens recently that I'd love to have.  But when I found out the price tag was around $10K, well, I'm happy with what I got.  :classic_biggrin:

😲🥴That is a lot of dough. Especially, when the lens you have does great!

• Like 3