Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

1 hour ago, Birding Boy said:

Whoah, amazing!!! These are unexpectedly hard to photograph unless you have a blind or something!

Yeah, usually they make me so frustrated!  I just happened to step out of the woods to the edge of the river as it was flying in to land.  It was amazing.

• Like 5

On 9/4/2021 at 12:27 PM, BlueJay said:

Nice shot of the heron! Your egret photo isn’t as highly rated for me as it would be, if it was correctly exposed. If you zoom in to the white areas, you can see how they’re really bright with no feather detail visible. You could fix that in the field by lowering your exposure, or fix it after the fact during editing. 

15 hours ago, The Bird Nuts said:

Belted Kingfisher

I was at the right place at just the right time!

WOW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if forum etiquette requires me to disclose that I used the Auto Smart Fix feature of Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 to get the final product below.  I've included the original as the second picture.  If the program logic only corrected the lighting and contrast, I imagine the photo should still be pretty authentic.  Please let me know if the final color saturation gives the Turkey Vulture a phony photoshopped look:

RfDS67f.jpg

WlaD4KN.jpg

• Like 3