Whatbird Community
bearcat6

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

I photographed this Nuthatch in a dark section of woods, with just a small bit on sunlight peaking through. It made for some nice bokeh in the photo.

i-TrqQSBH-X3.jpg

• Like 6

Just joined. First post here. I've browsed through this thread and can tell that I'm amidst some topnotch photographers. Great photos everyone. I was amazed at how great they are and had thoughts of just lurking here and not posting, as mine are not nearly as nice.

I know it said best photo (as in one), but
I thought I'd throw in a few in that it's my first post. My wife and I
retired 3 years ago and moved from the big city where we had been our entire lives,
and bought a country home in the upper middle section of Michigan's lower
peninsula complete with pond and some acreage. Never a dull moment looking out the window. Shot from inside with a Canon SX 60.

Wood Duck
zANdDrFh.jpg
Mated Pair
i2zo8XHh.jpg

Rose Breasted Grosbeak
fNDS4Odh.jpg

Pileated Woodpecker
iw9GnNOh.jpg

Nuthatch
CV9Q0UIh.jpg

Indigo Bunting
3NlqQ0uh.jpg

Blue Heron
Q39gpkPh.jpg

Sharp Shinned Hawk
9XeW0azh.jpg

Tom
X27couSh.jpg

Barred Owl
AwjyQ0Ph.jpg

Edited by corgi
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, corgi said:

Just joined. First post here. I've browsed through this thread and can tell that I'm amidst some topnotch photographers. Great photos everyone. I was amazed at how great they are and had thoughts of just lurking here and not posting, as mine are not nearly as nice...

Your shots are great! Welcome to Whatbird!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HamRHead said:

Your shots are great! Welcome to Whatbird!

Thanks for the welcome HamRhead. Very much appreciated.

J

• Like 1

Yesterday at Sweetwater Wetlands Park in Gainesville FL.   Tricolored Heron, Great Blue Heron and Glossy Ibis

Sweetwater_Nov18-0136.JPG

Sweetwater_Nov18-0173.JPG

Sweetwater_Nov18-0486.JPG

Edited by dkommel
  • Like 8

On 11/29/2018 at 12:49 AM, corgi said:

Just joined. First post here. I've browsed through this thread and can tell that I'm amidst some topnotch photographers. Great photos everyone. I was amazed at how great they are and had thoughts of just lurking here and not posting, as mine are not nearly as nice.

Welcome!  Please post your shots and don't be intimidated.  Everyone has doubts and even the best will always find shots that are better than theirs.  All photos are welcome.

Edited by Spyonabird
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Spyonabird said:

Welcome!  Please post your shots and don't be intimidated.  Everyone has doubts and even the best will always find shots that are better than theirs.  All photos are welcome.

Thanks as well Spyonabird, I very much appreciate your comments. Browsing this thread has had me a bit overwhelmed with the magnificent photos.  I have a question for any of my learned and sage shutterbugs.  I have an old Nikon FM (film) from my shutterbug days in the 80's. I still have it and more importantly the Nikkor lenses which were expensive back then and probably even more today.  They are a 55 macro, a 105 mm  and a 200 mm, with a 2 x adapter. These lenses have a standard bayonet style mount. Are they compatible with the modern Nikon cameras such as the D 7200, which is one I've been looking at. The Canon SX 60 point and shoot is ok,  but the auto focus drives me crazy. I've lost so many shots because of it. Any suggestions as to a modern camera body that will fit my Nikkor lenses?  Thanks for any answers. 

House Finch
x9Y6BDzh.jpg

• Like 5