Whatbird Community
bearcat6

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

3 hours ago, corgi said:

Thanks as well Spyonabird, I very much appreciate your comments. Browsing this thread has had me a bit overwhelmed with the magnificent photos.  I have a question for any of my learned and sage shutterbugs.  I have an old Nikon FM (film) from my shutterbug days in the 80's. I still have it and more importantly the Nikkor lenses which were expensive back then and probably even more today.  They are a 55 macro, a 105 mm  and a 200 mm, with a 2 x adapter. These lenses have a standard bayonet style mount. Are they compatible with the modern Nikon cameras such as the D 7200, which is one I've been looking at. The Canon SX 60 point and shoot is ok,  but the auto focus drives me crazy. I've lost so many shots because of it. Any suggestions as to a modern camera body that will fit my Nikkor lenses?  Thanks for any answers. 

Welcome to Whatbird, Corgi. I agree with  @Spyonabird, don't feel overwhelmed or worried about the quality of your photos. Speaking from my own experience as a long time viewer of the photos on Whatbird, I find that I enjoy seeing the bad photos just as much as the good ones, sometimes more so. Especially if a lesser quality photo has more of a story behind it than the great photos do, it's just more likely to hold my interest longer. They say a picture paints a thousand words and tells it's own story, well, I like it when a picture/photo comes with a few extra words as part of the story and/or backstory. Knowing more about the photo and the experience one had while capturing it, well, lets just say that I enjoying reading the "discussion" part of the Photo Sharing and Discussion forum as much as I enjoying seeing the photos shared, whether they're good or bad. Enjoy yourself sharing your photos with us and everyone will enjoy that you shared them. 

As far your question about lenses go, I'm not an expert but I'm willing to bet, not much mind you, but I'd bet that they'd be compatible with one of the newer digital cameras. I have no idea which camera but if you took your lenses into one of the real camera stores they'd be able to tell you what cameras your lenses are compatible with and have you setup and ready to go in no time. When I say "real camera store" I am referring to one of the camera stores that has knowledgable staff that know their stuff, not a big box store that sells everything and the staff knows very little about any of it. If the camera store can't fit your lenses to the camera you want, ask them if they can help you find an alternative or maybe an adapter that would accommodate your lenses. Sorry I can't really help except to suggest that you take your lenses with you and ask someone more knowledgeable how you can utilize them. :classic_smile:

Edited by lonestranger
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lonestranger said:

Welcome to Whatbird, Corgi. I agree with  @Spyonabird, don't feel overwhelmed or worried about the quality of your photos. Speaking from my own experience as a long time viewer of the photos on Whatbird, I find that I enjoy seeing the bad photos just as much as the good ones, sometimes more so. Especially if a lesser quality photo has more of a story behind it than the great photos do, it's just more likely to hold my interest longer. They say a picture paints a thousand words and tells it's own story, well, I like it when a picture/photo comes with a few extra words as part of the story and/or backstory. Knowing more about the photo and the experience one had while capturing it, well, lets just say that I enjoying reading the "discussion" part of the Photo Sharing and Discussion forum as much as I enjoying seeing the photos shared, whether they're good or bad. Enjoy yourself sharing your photos with us and everyone will enjoy that you shared them. 

As far your question about lenses go, I'm not an expert but I'm willing to bet, not much mind you, but I'd bet that they'd be compatible with one of the newer digital cameras. I have no idea which camera but if you took your lenses into one of the real camera stores they'd be able to tell you what cameras your lenses are compatible with and have you setup and ready to go in no time. When I say "real camera store" I am referring to one of the camera stores that has knowledgable staff that know their stuff, not a big box store that sells everything and the staff knows very little about any of it. If the camera store can't fit your lenses to the camera you want, ask them if they can help you find an alternative or maybe an adapter that would accommodate your lenses. Sorry I can't really help except to suggest that you take your lenses with you and ask someone more knowledgeable how you can utilize them. :classic_smile:

Thank you very much Lonestranger, if bad pics with a good story on the pics is what you like, then this thread I started, which has yet to get a comment, falls right into that description.

J

Wood Duck
wm7OKooh.jpg

• Like 2

This light colored bald eagle has been hanging around for at least a year.  Maybe you could call it partial leucistic.   But that may be a reach - I really don't know.

Eagle 2 (1 of 1)

• Like 8