Jump to content
Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, IKLland said:

How come those shots only show on your checklist but don’t show when I search your name?

I have no clue. I'm trying to figure that out myself right now. Never had that happen before. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Actually, the whole checklist doesn’t show for the hotspot either. Only the link to the photos works. 

I hide my recent checklists...that's expected. The photos not showing up anywhere is new. Let me know if you have any ideas as to why. Like I said, this has never happened to me before.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DLecy said:

I hide my recent checklists...that's expected. The photos not showing up anywhere is new. Let me know if you have any ideas as to why. Like I said, this has never happened to me before.

Was seeing if the checklist was flagged or something, but it’s not. I’ll look right now too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, DLecy said:

I hide my recent checklists...that's expected. The photos not showing up anywhere is new. Let me know if you have any ideas as to why. Like I said, this has never happened to me before.

Actually, I looked at the checklist that your recent ATFL photo was on. I looked at the hotspot page for that hotspot, and your checklist comes up on there. I looked at the hotspot page of the checklist that isn’t showing anywhere(the one we’ve been talking about), and on the hotspot page, the list doesn’t show up. Really odd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Also have just searched for every song sparrow photo from the past week and yours doesn’t come up.  Either does the gull, or every photo on the checklist for that matter. 

Yeah, that's what's perplexing me. 

6 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Was seeing if the checklist was flagged or something, but it’s not. I’ll look right now too. 

It's not. I can see flagged checklists and mine is not flagged.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IKLland said:

Just realized you’re a reviewer! Did you happen to do anything that could’ve hidden it? I’m not a reviewer so I have no clue if that’s even possible.

😉

And no, I didn't do anything to hide the list or photos.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IKLland said:

Actually, I looked at the checklist that your recent ATFL photo was on. I looked at the hotspot page for that hotspot, and your checklist comes up on there. I looked at the hotspot page of the checklist that isn’t showing anywhere(the one we’ve been talking about), and on the hotspot page, the list doesn’t show up. Really odd. 

And it’s not like you submitted the list within an hour where the list wouldn’t show up yet, your post is from 4 hrs ago…really odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IKLland said:

And it’s not like you submitted the list within an hour where the list wouldn’t show up yet, your post is from 4 hrs ago…really odd.

Yep, and the media doesn't up up in the rare bird alert either, just the comments. I resubmitted some of the media too, but that didn't change anything. Hmm. I'll have to dig into it more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DLecy said:

Yep, and the media doesn't up up in the rare bird alert either, just the comments. I resubmitted some of the media too, but that didn't change anything. Hmm. I'll have to dig into it more.

Better make sure somebody here isn’t stealing your incredible images! 😜
 

Just kidding. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DLecy said:

Yep, and the media doesn't up up in the rare bird alert either, just the comments. I resubmitted some of the media too, but that didn't change anything. Hmm. I'll have to dig into it more.

I also entered the checklist number/ID into the maculay and the search said no results found. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IKLland said:

I also entered the checklist number/ID into the maculay and the search said no results found. 

I did another test this am with new pics and a new checklist, and the same thing keeps happening. I have checked all my setting and logged in and out many times to no avail. I have a support ticket in to eBird, so fingers crossed. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the assistance.

16 hours ago, Connor Cochrane said:

I got the checklist on my hourly rba email, so it doesn't appear to be hidden in any way

The checklist is in the RBA, but the photos don't show, which is again...odd.

2017815251_ScreenShot2022-07-08at12_43_57PM.thumb.png.0bc461a0fcdf50d18c365a5cc5535149.png

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, Birds are cool said:

I was just wondering. What editing programs does everybody use. 

I don't know about everybody, but I use Photoshop Elements because I'm not looking for "likes" or stars, just taking pictures of birds. The only thing I generally do is adjust the lighting to see the bird better and crop to remove extraneous stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, roadcykler said:

I don't know about everybody, but I use Photoshop Elements because I'm not looking for "likes" or stars, just taking pictures of birds. The only thing I generally do is adjust the lighting to see the bird better and crop to remove extraneous stuff.

Same here. I use Picasa 3 because all I do to photos is crop, adjust lighting, and sometimes use auto contrast. I also use it because it's free!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...