Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

On 8/15/2022 at 2:57 PM, FlowerShooter said:

The Scissortail Fly Catcher is our state bird.  Today it spent some time in the tree next to our back yard and gave some photo ops. Here are two that I thought worth sharing.

stfc3.JPG

stfc4.JPG

I have a great memory as a child of visiting my grandparents in south central Oklahoma and seeing one of those flying around and sitting in a tree. 

• Like 2

Just now, roadcykler said:

I have a great memory as a child of visiting my grandparents in south central Oklahoma and seeing one of those flying around and sitting in a tree. 

We do live in South central Oklahoma around Blanchard.  They are very common in this area but are really beautiful and singular birds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Oh yeah, there is some elevation change up there two, your not driving along on your way to Amarillo, and the only thing blocking your view of the earth's curvature is power polls and pumpjacks.

The only thing I'm not sure I could get used to is this thing that I've heard these crazy tails about, this stuff called rain, I'm told that is were this thing called water falls out of the sky, I'm not too sure about that. 

If you're not sure about rain, wait until you see or even hear about these spinny things that fling around cars and cows and all manner of things that don't normally fly. 😃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FlowerShooter said:

We do live in South central Oklahoma around Blanchard.  They are very common in this area but are really beautiful and singular birds.

I was born at Ft Sill but my grandparents lived in Marlow. 

• Like 1