Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

I have to go with another Northern Mockingbird, even though this one isn't facing me.  I was hoping to be able to show a Belted Kingfisher today, but the lighting was off.  The bird was fidelity and about to leave the wire, but I still should have taken the time to adjust the lighting with my camera, as maybe it would have done a better than me adjusting it with Photoshop.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/482595981

• Like 4

On 9/8/2022 at 10:20 PM, IKLland said:

I’d say it’s a low five. Why did you use a shutter speed of 1/1000 if that pushed your ISO up to 1600? 1/400 would’ve been fine in this situation.

My camera is an older model and it doesn't allow me to change the shutter speed, it always just does it automatic. I really wish I had that ability... @Birding Boy looked at it and couldn't figure out a way to manually turn it down either. It was also a mega cloudy day with terrible lighting and the camera underexposes every time on cloudy days. I had to turn up the exposer compensation a lot or it would have ruined the photo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1