Whatbird Community
bearcat6

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

Same bird. He flew up the path and posed so I could capture his "good" side lol.

DSCN2247.JPG

DSCN2257.JPG

• Like 2

Pastel drawing done by my wife using this photo. Indigo Bunting. Normally she does pet portraits, but I talked her into doing this one. It will hang on the wall of the local library.
3NlqQ0uh.jpg

9abwWowh.jpg
3WV2qExh.jpg

Edited by corgi
  • Like 10

On 2/4/2019 at 7:30 PM, Kerri said:

Another Lifer!

DSCN2287.JPG

Kerri, congrats on all the lifers!  Looks like it was a very fruitful day of birding, in a beautiful place.

And I love your Anhinga!  Such an imposing figure.  I was so lucky to see one just last year, in Disneyworld of all places -  a gift lifer!  I hope to be able to see more someday.

• Like 1

During my recent trip to the Yucatan I stayed at a hotel in the south central part of the peninsula.  My room was on the 2nd floor and the patio was only ten feet or so from a berry tree.  I soon discovered that I literally had a birds eye view of the birds who came to the tree to feed.  This pair of Tityra's came to the tree several times and I was able to get some nice photos of them.  Since they were a pair I felt I should post photos of them both.  Fun birds to watch.

47016336021_53a09ce674_b.jpgMasked Tityra by Mark Goodwin, on Flickr

47016336081_bc0574e2de_b.jpgMasked Tityra by Mark Goodwin, on Flickr

• Like 8

23 hours ago, corgi said:

Pastel drawing done by my wife using this photo. Indigo Bunting. Normally she does pet portraits, but I talked her into doing this one. It will hang on the wall of the local library.

Wonderful!  I am also a pet portrait artist and I paint/draw wild birds as well.  I would love to see more art added to the Art thread!  https://forums.whatbird.com/index.php?/topic/2163-art/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roadcykler said:

What is that? (sorry, not as knowledgeable as some here).

6 hours ago, roadcykler said:

What is that? (sorry, not as knowledgeable as some here).

it is a Vermilion Flycatcher. Photo taken at Brazos Bend State Park  South of Houston Texas

• Like 1