Whatbird Community

Share Your Best Photo of the Day

Message added by aveschapinas,

Folks: it's not OK to take other people's photos to edit and re-post. Just like we don't correct each other's spelling and grammar, we don't take it upon ourselves to decide that someone's photo needs correction. In addition, as has been emphasized before, you need to respect copyright.

3 hours ago, Charlie Spencer said:

What don't you like? 

I feel the bird should be a little bigger in the frame. I also feel it should be shifted down a little and to the right, the bird seems too centered and strangely high in the frame. 

Keep in mind, crops are completely a personal preference, and no one crop is “correct”. Crop it to what you like best, as long as it’s somewhat reasonable 

• Like 2

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IKLland said:

I feel the bird should be a little bigger in the frame. I also feel it should be shifted down a little and to the right, the bird seems too centered and strangely high in the frame. 

Keep in mind, crops are completely a personal preference, and no one crop is “correct”. Crop it to what you like best, as long as it’s somewhat reasonable 

I guess what I meant to ask was, "How can you tell it was cropped at all?"

1 hour ago, Charlie Spencer said:

I guess what I meant to ask was, "How can you tell it was cropped at all?"

when I say “I don’t like the crop” I mean the framing. If it wasn’t cropped at all, I’d like it be how I described. Nearly all bird photos are cropped to some degree

• Like 2

On Saturday, we helped our team set a new SDAS Birdathon record (200 species in 24 hours!). I lugged my camera around the whole day and got quite a few nice shots. My trip report with all the photos from that is here: https://ebird.org/tripreport/229518?view=photos

For this thread, I'll just go with this one:

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/618252631

image.thumb.jpeg.2d55d0d0a2e50869bf11acdef5f573df.jpeg

• Like 10